Unfortunately, Foreclosure can happen. By missing a mortgage payment, your lender has the legal means to repossess your home and force you to move out. If your property is worth less than the total amount you owe on your loan, a Deficiency Judgment could be pursued. Both a Foreclosure and a Deficiency Judgment can affect your ability to qualify for credit in the future. So you should avoid foreclosure, if possible.
- 20 Tips for Preparing Your House for Sale This Spring [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Freddie Mac: Rising Mortgage Rates DO NOT Lead to Falling Home Prices
- Forbes Profiles Click n’ Close Partnership with Bubba Wallace
- Is a Major Home Renovation Worth It in the Long Run?
- Millennials most active generation of home buyers for 5th consecutive year